Thursday, June 12, 2014

Too Zoomed. Step Back. Refocus.

Sometimes in our circumstances and chaos of life, we forget where our focus is. It's as if we are so zoomed in on the here and now that we forget to take a step back and look at where God has led us and what He has done in our lives thus far. 

It's like when we want to take a picture of something really close up, but our lens never focuses because it's not designed to be that close to that object of interest. However, when you take the camera back a little, it then focuses beautifully on the object and blurs out the background to make the object more prominent. 

In a sense, God wants us to do this with Him. He doesn't want us to be so focused on life that He becomes blurry. But to take a step back, re-focus, and take a clear picture of what really matters, Him. 

On a personal note, I have wrapped up my third year of teaching 6th grade Language Arts. As I reflect on the year in general, I see how God has brought me through triumphs, difficult circumstances, sicknesses, trying times, and turned those things into something greater for His purpose. 

"I will take you at your word
Jesus, You have taken hold of me
All my life is in Your hands
You are my strength

I will look up for there is none above You
I will bow down to tell you that I need You

I will look back and see that You are faithful
I look ahead believing You are able."




Thanks for reading, this thought was very spontaneously placed on my heart to share with my readers! 

1 comment: